Friday, May 14, 2010

EKC Says a Sad Goodbye to Kim Lee

Eileen Koch & Company is deeply saddened to learn of the passing of a longtime friend, renowned pilates instructor Kim Lee. Kim recently passed away at the age of 63, much to the shock and devastation of those whose lives he touched, including Eileen Koch. A message from Eileen:

I would like to extend a very special goodbye to my mentor and longtime friend, Kim Lee. I was a professional dancer in my early years, and Kim played a major role in the development of my career by fine-tuning my body through pilates.

As a struggling young entertainer who was barely able to pay rent, I didn't think I could afford to take classes at the prestigious workspace that Kim had created for himself, where he frequently taught all the major A-list stars of the time. However, Kim was kind and generous enough to not only reduce his fee so that I could attend class, but to be sure that he spent as much time with me as he did with the likes of Steven Speilberg.

Sadly, I lost contact with Kim over the years, but he has remained in my heart.

Having learned of his passing, I am now heartsick that we didn’t see each other face to face.

I genuinely respected and admired Kim, and even now when I think of him I am taken back to the days of being a young girl and feeling so honored and humbled to be in the presence of such a great teacher and human being. He made me a stronger person in more ways than one, and I will be forever grateful.

My sincere condolences to Kim's family during this devastating time.

Love,

Eileen Koch


Kim Lee's memorial will take place this Sunday at noon at the Los Angeles Friendship Center, 5899 Venice Blvd. Los Angeles, 90019.

No comments: