Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Linda Masquefa Featured in 944 Magazine

Luxury handbag designer and EKC client Linda Masquefa is featured in this month's 944 for Orange County! Check out the article, where Linda talks about how her travels to South America served as the inspiration for her stunning line:

Skins of the Season
Linda Masquefa Scours the World for Handbag Inspiration and Materialsby Dani Smith

At one point in time, Linda Masquefa was the CEO of a finance company. Today, the Newport Beach resident is the designer of an exclusive handbag line with no more than five bags per design produced. From crocodile and python to stingray and ostrich leg, her evening minaudières (box clutches) are handcrafted using only the finest materials and most exotic skins. With a strong rapport for luxury, uniqueness and style, a Linda Masquefa handbag is the epitome of glamour. Available locally at Marque in Laguna Beach and online, they are the perfect accessory for a night out or trip abroad.

944: What sparked the change from finance company CEO to handbag designer?
LINDA MASQUEFA: I was vacationing in Central and South America a few years back and my travels took me to a small crocodile farm in Panama. I became infatuated with these exotic animals and I had a sudden urge to somehow capture their amazing essence. Design was the most natural channel for me.

944: How did your new career begin?
LM: When I came back from my trip, I started researching the use of exotic skins in fashion and realized that there really weren’t any U.S.-based handbag designers working exclusively with skins. My business partner and I decided that this was the perfect niche for my vision.

944: Why do you choose to use such exotic skins?
LM: To me, exotic skins epitomize luxury and exclusivity. They convey a certain spirit that just can’t be expressed with “ordinary” materials. And as I said, skins really don’t have much of a presence here in the States.

944: Where do you draw inspiration from?
LM: From my life! Everything from my travels to remarkable people I meet to exquisite works of art. Nature will always be a huge inspiration to me as well.

944: What designers do you wear?
LM: I have an extremely eclectic style so it all depends on my mood and where I’m going. As far as accessories, my favorite designer is Gladys Villareal. I also love the young, edgy-but-chic look of classic contemporary designers like Marc Jacobs. (read more...)

No comments: