Monday, December 14, 2009

David Applebaum on Sling.com

In an interview for Sling.com, David Applebaum talks about the "Launch My Line" elimination and how his wife inspires his designs:

I was sorry to see you go last night -- I'm usually not a fan of rompers, but I really liked yours.

Well, now I'm going to interview you! Do you think that a Bettie Page update romper like that could be beachy?

I admit I wasn't convinced when I heard you describing it, but when I saw the model wearing it barefoot, it really came a cross as a 1940s-style bathing costume, and I thought it was quite chic. (See below.)

You didn't hear that one of the comments was that it would have been sexier if the model was wearing high heels. They edited that out. But you're preaching to the choir -- bathing suits and high heels are for car shows. You actually sound almost word-for-word like my wife. My wife said, "You described it, and I was thinking oh, David, no wonder you got kicked out, that sounds awful." And then she saw it, and she thought it was cute! She liked it! This morning, she said to me, "Well, since the Bettie Page romper is not for the beach, I guess I'll wear mine to the office." It's one of the nicest things she's said to me in a while. (read more...)

No comments: